Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Today is Warrior Princess Wednesday where we wield the Godswords that we have memorized over the past several days. If you have never participated in Warrior Princess Wednesdays, we would love for you to join in. We learn one verse every 2 weeks and recite it back to each other once we get it memorized. It not only serves as a challenge to hide God's Word in our hearts, but also provides accountability knowing that our friends are memorizing alongside us.


Here's who I have so far on this week's memory verse:



Camillia Madden
Peggy Taylor
Brittany Hicks


And - I'll add my name to that list after you check my recollection of this verse:


My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalms 73:26


I'm looking forward to hearing from more of you today, I cannot overstate the importance of what His Word says to us or the importance of having Godswords in hand to defeat the enemy when he comes to prowl.




Now, on to the next verse, our next Godsword --


How many of you find yourselves in situations throughout the day where, either in the midst of the situation, or in retrospect, you think of how you wish things had been different. You wished you hadn't reacted the way you did, or regret succumbing to temptation?


Do you find yourself frustrated that you deal with the same sins or shortfalls over and over?


Let me tell you a secret - I do too. Usually every Monday through Friday, especially around three o'clock in the afternoon. That's when everything gets crazy! The schedule goes bad in the office, the phone calls are mounting up, all of the staff is sick of each other, the kids are off the bus - calling "to see what Mom's doing" (like I'm just sitting back polishing my nails!), the thoughts of supper -or the lack thereof- begin to become urgent in my mind, loving hubby reminds me of an evening meeting he has that I have forgotten - Are you getting the picture? This is when my fuse starts running a wee bit short and the fruits of the Spirit aren't as evident in my life as they were a few hours earlier.


That's not what God had planned for us, so it's time we learn a new sword for our arsenal so that we can fight our way out of the corner of the ring.


2 Peter 1:3 says:


His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.


Everything we need. For a godly life. Therefore, when the enemy has you down for the count,and the referee is a about to call a TKO, remember you have been given EVERYTHING you need to chose a godly life. If you need strength in those moments of temptation, chose His divine strength, for He gave it to you. If you need joy when things are dark, reach for His divine joy, not man-made joy, as you say this verse out loud if you need to, but at least say it to your heart.  If you need faith, don't rely on your own, rely on His, believing by the words of this verse that you have just what you need. If you need self-control to walk away from something, He will give you that too.

He would not have written this verse if He didn't mean it.


He has given us everything we need to live the life He has called us to, we just don't reach beyond ourselves and take hold of the abundance of Him that is available. Even if it's a Monday through Friday afternoon around three o'clock!



Royal Princess Daughter Of The King
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. "Though my flesh and heart may fail, God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." -hope that's right-April

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm late, but it is by memory: Psalms 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psa. 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, BUT GOD is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." carla

    ReplyDelete

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...