Friday, March 18, 2011

Just Before Impact

Even now, when I ride in the car with my mom, she throws her hand across me at the slightest hint of danger. As I was growing up, I always wondered how she remembered to do that every time she slammed on the brakes, never failing to offer her protection. I have caught myself doing the same thing many times.
It didn’t bother me as a child, but as I became a teen and oh-so-wise, I’ll admit, I thought she was being ridiculous.

Even last night.

As McKayla and I traveled down a dark highway last evening, a large dog crept into our lane and I quickly hit the brakes.  Simultaneously, as my feet traveled to the brake pad, my left hand gripped the wheel tighter, and my right arm stretched out across the car to protect her.

An instinct born from the love I have for her.

Meant for her protection.

As we maneuvered around the scare and my mind settled, I thought about that arm flinging across the car and was reminded of Momma’s arm doing much the same over the years, and then my mind drifted to a higher place.

I was headed for disaster,


On a collision course,


And just before impact,


Not one, but two arms stretched out as wide as they could.


Protecting me.


Forever.


An instinct born from the love He has for me.

They crucified Him. John 19:18



He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
Psalms 91:4




Royal Princess Daughter Of The King

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...