Monday, March 28, 2011

It's All In The Application

Happy Monday, my friends! I hope you were all able to join with others in corporate worship yesterday. There is nothing that compares to spending time with God during the week, and then joining with other believers for corporate worship on Sunday. When I worship with people who have brought the experiences they have had with God that week with them on Sunday, the worship service is like a party in my spirit! I love it. I pray the same for you.



Speaking of church services on Sunday, every week your pastor(s) work very hard to provide you with tools to use for this journey, but what good are tools if we never use them?


Not much.


I know we’re all girls here, but let’s imagine for a minute our husbands having a toolbox full of tools that never get used. He just hauls it around in his truck just to be hauling it.  Seems silly, doesn’t it?


Let’s get a little more girly with this idea - same goes with our makeup. We have all of these cool things that we can use to make us more beautiful. We have foundation, powder, there’s blush, eye shadow, eye liner and mascara, there’s lip stick, moisturizers, etc - all of these things are intended to make us more beautiful.


But – they won’t make us more beautiful if they are still in the package, will they?


What woman in her right mind would take a makeup bag everywhere she went – to work, to the grocery store, out with a friend, to church, to the mall, to family gatherings, but never make the effort to take the makeup out of the cosmetic bag and actually put it on? Wouldn’t that be a waste of energy? Just one more thing to keep up with, I say. I do well to arrive at my intended destination with my person intact and purse on my shoulder, much less pack another bag around just for the heck of it.


I can tell you right now, if I busted up into my workplace tomorrow just packing my makeup bag without putting a stitch of the bag's contents on my face, my co-workers would look at me like I was retarded.


Wouldn’t they be right, though? Why would I carry these tools around that are supposed to make me more beautiful but never use them?


It’s all in the application.


Makeup only helps if it is APPLIED.


Not collected.


Not stored up waiting for the “perfect opportunity”.


Not packed around.


APPLIED.


Isn’t that what we do sometimes with the tools God gives us everyday? I know I am guilty of knowing I have the tool, guilty of being a “tool collector”, but never putting those tools to work.


Brings a certain verse to mind – Hmm - our Godsword (from memory):


His divine power has given us everything we need to live a godly life through our knowledge of Him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 2 Peter 1:3


This says we have been given all the tools we need - What tools have you been given lately that you can apply to your life to make you more beautiful for your Savior? Was it something your pastor said? Was it a scripture you ran across? Something you read in a book?   Maybe a new truth you just discovered...

Please, do share!




Royal Princess Daughter Of The King
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. another Godsword by memory- 1Peter 1:3
    His divine power has given us everyything we need to live a Godly life thru knowledge of Him who called us by His own Glory and Goodness. Thank You Jesus..
    I was having trouble with the memorizing and meaning of this verse; but with your blog today- now that I know it is my tool (my hammer) in my toolbox; I'm set to use it.. GoBless. pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tool I've been developing for a few years now and still developing.........PRAYER.

    "I have to speak to some ladies on Monday. What am I suppose to say?" Hmmm...maybe God knows who will be there and what they need to hear, maybe I should pray and ask him???

    I need to handle some "attitude" issues with my volleyball girls today and I'm not sure how to approach it. Hmmmm....maybe God knows exactly how he would handle it and would be more than willing to show me if I stop to pray and ask him!

    The list goes on and on........Such a powerful tool IF we pick it up and use it :)

    - Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was sent this verse a couple of weeks ago and really fell in love with it. My life is far from holy, but that is what I am called to do and to be. This verse doesn't condemn my imperfections and mistakes, because His calling is not a result of my actions (Praise God!), but challenges me to continue striving toward a holy life. What a gift of hope, joy, and peace knowing that God's purpose and grace covers my steps and guides my path.

    2nd Tim 1:9
    He has saved us and called us to a holy life -- not because of anything we have done, but because of His own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. First thing I had on my mind - I'm ready! II Pet. 1:3 His divine power has given us everything we need for a Godly life through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness. I love taking time to soak in His truths for us!
    Yesterday at church my pastor was talking about us being the salt of the earth. God uses us to reach others. We need to be willing to pour ourselves out. And God is so good, we just need to do our part. He is the one who causes the increase. Just do some splashing out on others & loving them!!! Carla

    ReplyDelete

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...