Thursday, March 10, 2011

A No Risk Investment Opportunity

There are not many things in life that are certain. We are not promised tomorrow. Stock markets crash; gas prices change by the minute, it seems; a husband or a wife comes home and says, unexpectedly, “I don’t love you anymore.” Jobs come and go; those you thought were your friends may leave your side; homes can be destroyed or repossessed; serious illness can be diagnosed at one single doctor’s visit. Life is so uncertain and often leaves us wondering “what if”. It leaves us asking “Did I do everything right?”



My employer provides a 401K program and our investment guy comes to meet with us annually to review how things are going and to make suggestions of things we may need to change. He explains the risks involved in some of the funds and the stability of others, but we all know from past experience, and from history itself, that these are only estimates. There are no absolute guarantees that all will work for our benefit. It’s all risky.


There is a glimmer of hope though, God’s love for me and for you will never change and there is one investment we can make that will never lack for return. When God gave the Israelites the Ten Commandments in Exodus chapter 20, He included some very wise investment advice in verses 5&6:


…I lay the sins of the parents upon their children; the entire family is affected—even children in the third and fourth generations of those who reject me. But I lavish unfailing love for a thousand generations on those who love me and obey by commands.


My heart flutters when God uses the word “BUT” in situations like this. Now, on the otherhand, my girls can fire me up pretty quickly when I say something and they quickly come back with a “but….”. That little word has led to lots of, shall I say, learning opportunities, for McKayla and Brenna.


And that little word provides a learning opportunity for us today.


But I lavish…
unfailing love…
for a thousand generations…..
on those who…
love me…
and obey…



We invest love and obedience everyday and they draw spiritual interest for the generations that come after us.


Lavished –
Unfailing-
Love.


A thousand generations.


For investing obedience.


For loving Him.


Words escape me right now…………


He is so giving.


A thousand generations. Think about that, all of those great, great, great grandchildren that we will never meet this side of Heave,n will be benefiting from our investments as their inheritance. His lavished love.


What an enormous investment for our future.


If you met with your “advisor” today, what kind of news would He have for you about your spiritual 401K? Do we need to shift some things around, maybe take a little more risk for a greater return?


Risking obedience, risking love – seems like a no risk investment opportunity to me.





Royal Princess Daughter Of The King
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. This doesn't totally have to do with your blog today, but your 1st paragraph made me think of it. As some of you know, Chad must work some over time for us to survive with one income. Monday night, Chad came home and said that the foreman in the "shop" at work was mad at all of them and told them that if he had anything to do with it, they would not get any more over time, period! I just simply thought to myself....."Well, Jesus commands my destiny! Not some guy in your shop!" Wednesday afternoon Chad called and said...."I've working over tonight". LOL! Things can be so uncertain, but I'm so glad I know the one who IS FOR CERTAIN!!!!!
    Brittany

    ReplyDelete

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...