Monday, March 21, 2011

Tender Lessons Learned

It was one of those times in parenting when the consequences themselves would serve as the perfect punishment. I saw fear linger upon her face for a few moments
 when her actions were first discovered, and then when the reality of the consequences set in, I saw shades of regret drift through her eyes.


Oh, those feelings of regret.... they are indeed painful.


I turned away from her with nothing to say as she stood frozen before me. I think she was expecting more discipline, a good “talkin’ to”, but I felt that this was a teachable moment and the consequences would speak more than my words ever could.


As I turned back around and saw her still standing there, quiet, unmoving except for the movement of tears flowing down her cheeks, my heart and my mind went to war. Oh, how I wanted to draw her close and tell her everything’s ok. I wanted to tell her that since she really understood what she had done, that I would take away the consequences. I was so overwhelmed with love for my child that I could hardly stand it.


It hurt to see her hurting.


I was immediately reminded of what Psalms 103:13-14 says about God.


13 The LORD is like a father to his children,
tender and compassionate to those who fear him.
14 For he knows how weak we are;
he remembers we are only dust.


My heart was tender toward my daughter because I know she’s only eight. His heart, my sister is tender and full of compassion toward you because He knows exactly what He made you from. He knows that we mess up and when your heart is hurting, His does too.


He wants you restored to Him, just like I wanted joy restored to my daughter. My pastor taught in his message on Sunday the results of being restored to God. As he shared his points on the results of being restored to God, it was no accident that the first verse he shared was the verse immediately preceding the ones God reminded me of on Saturday.


Psalms 103:12


12 He has removed our sins as far from us
as the east is from the west.


Her mistake was already over and I wanted her to begin healing immediately, and He feels the same toward you.


Let’s put those verses together starting off one verse earlier, and linger on the words a bit:


11 For his unfailing love toward those who fear him
is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth.
12 He has removed our sins as far from us
as the east is from the west.
13 The LORD is like a father to his children,
tender and compassionate to those who fear him.
14 For he knows how weak we are;
he remembers we are only dust.




Those words speak for themselves, my sisters, I beg you, please let Him love on you today.




Royal Princess Daughter Of The King
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...