Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Warrior Princess Wednesday

Ok Warrior Princesses, let's do some Sword Fighting!

Here's my thoughts:

We will have 1 new verse approximately every 2 weeks or so. I will provide a verse for you to memorize, or you can chose one of your own. This is all about accountability, mainly because I don't trust me to stick with it. If I had someone checking in with me every once in a while, I would already have memorized more verses myself, but well - I haven't had someone to check in on me and won't memorize a thing left to my own devices, hence the need for my bloggy Princess friends.


Once I post the verse, if you have one you would rather memorize, post your verse in a comment that day so that we all know what you're working on. Here's where the accountability part comes in for us, once you have your verse memorized and written upon your heart, post a comment letting us know. Goodness knows you don't want to be the only one who hasn't posted!

To make memorizing easier, I have a couple of tips for you.
1)I suggest picking up a set of index cards and writing your verse and scripture reference on a card. I really like the index cards that are on a little spiral. They're small enough for your purse and you can flip through them easily. I have tried this method to memorize scripture in the past and it really helped me.
2)There is a website, http://www.scripturetyper.com/, which is specifically designed to encourage scripture memory. You type the verses while it times you and checks you for mistakes. Check it out for yourself and see! It's kind of fun.

You know what? I found something neat!  I'm always blabbing to you all about how important His word is and how alive it is, but several months ago, as I was typing a post, I typed these words: "God's word", except I left out the space and guess what I saw with my eyes: "Godsword" - get it GOD SWORD. God's word is our sword. So,with that said, let's have our first "Godsword" today.

This week's verse comes from Exodus 14:14 NASB

"The Lord will fight for you while you keep silent."

On your mark...

Get set...

Go...

Ready or not, here I come!



Royal Princess Daughter Of The King
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness....you could not have known that I just had to live this verse this last week! I'm not going to post all the details here, but somethin happened that got me thinking.....it is SOOOO HARD to be a Christian to people who hurt you (and continually hurt you). With steam coming from my ears my flesh longed so bad to lash back. Even a day or two later. I wanted to lash back on facebook with every fiber within me - even though I knew it would not be pleasing to God. I even asked Chad if I could...pleeeeeeease???? I had pretty much decided I would do it anyway and ask for forgiveness later. It wasn't real nasty just a slight jab to let the person know I was not happy. That's how bad my flesh wanted to let them have it! BUT my spirit just would not let me - UGH!!!! The truth was...it was wrong....it wasn't a good witness...it wouldn't change the situation anyway...it really woulnd't make me feel better like I was being told it would. God just kept telling me - Keep silent! I'm glad he's gonna fight the battle for me. Thanks for stabbing me right in the gut with the very first "godsword".....lol! Love you!
    Brittany

    ps. i wrote a long post yesterday, but lost it somehow before I hit post?? All well, next time! God's doin some awesome things...we'll have to chat behind our choir notebooks soon :)

    ReplyDelete

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...