Thursday, January 6, 2011

Now I Get It!

I love water, bodies of water. Whenever I am near a lake, a stream, an ocean, I feel closer to God. It has always been that way for me. I remember, even as a child, a sense of peace when we would be in or near a creek playing. Many times I have wondered why I feel that way. Some of you may feel closer to God when you are near water, so I just had to share.

Why does being around water draw my mind to God?

I have thought maybe it was because Jesus is Living Water…..

Because He made the water….

Because the water cleanses us ….

All of these are wonderful reasons, but I never felt like they were just THE answer to my pondering, but today, I GET IT!

Genesis 1

God created the heavens and the earth, which was formless, empty and covered with deep waters. He created the light and separated it from the darkness, and then in verse 6 (NLT) He says, “Let there be space between the waters, to separate the waters of the earth from the waters of the heavens. God called the space ‘sky’.”

My heart leapt – That’s it! I thought. Now I get it. I feel close to Him when I am around water because of this verse. If the sky is the only thing separating the waters of the earth from the waters of Heaven, I feel like Heaven is closer because there are no “objects” separating the water from Heaven. It’s just sky as far as I can see, nothing in the way, and just on the other side of that sky is where my Living Water resides. Just beyond that sky is where my Creator sits, reigning from His throne.

Probably makes no sense to you, but somehow this explains to me why He leadeth me beside still waters.

He draws me to it and He leads my spirit while I am there.

Come on vacation season, lead me to some water!




Royal Princess Daughter Of The King
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...