Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lessons From the Flood: Even Though

After the flood waters receded, Noah waited for God’s instruction to let the animals and his family leave the boat. Once they “disembarked the ship”, not the type of cruise that appeals to me,
 Noah worshipped God with sacrifices (Genesis 8:21&22) -

And the Lord was pleased with the aroma of the sacrifice and said to himself, “I will never again curse the ground because of the human race, even though everything they think or imagine is bent toward evil from childhood. I will never again destroy all living things. As long as the earth remains, there will be planting and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night.”
There are 2 words in those verses that were very special when I read them.


Even though

God’s words about us. Even though I am a sinful creature, even though it is my human nature to be bent toward evil, even though we are so far from His holiness…..

I will never again destroy all living things.

Aren’t we the lucky ones.

Even though my children do things opposite of my will for them, I still love them and He still loves me. He still loves you.

We were born on the other side of the flood and we get the benefits of this promise.

Even Though.


Thank You for loving me “even though”, Father. Even though I fail. Even though I fall. Even though I reject You. Even though I grieve You, You still love me. Grace beyond comprehension. Thank You is not enough.




Royal Princess Daughter Of The King
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent points, Amy, that speak straight to my heart. Aren't we the lucky ones!

    ReplyDelete

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...