Thursday, January 13, 2011

Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Remember that guy named Noah I mentioned a few days ago? Remember that phrase I told you about “even though”? Well here’s the “rest of the story” as the famous Paul Harvey would have put it.



“Even though” it is my nature to sin, God made a promise. Even though He knows I will mess up, He will keep His end of the deal. He was serious about His promise, not only did God pledge to Noah and his sons, Genesis 9:9 says He made the covenant with the birds, the livestock, and all the wild animals – every living creature on earth. That sounds like He meant what He was saying.

Verse 12, which we are all familiar with, says this

Then God said, “I am giving you a sign of my covenant with you and with all living creatures, for all generations to come. I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of my covenant with you and with all the earth.”

A beautiful rainbow, which we still marvel at today, was the symbol He chose to remind us of His promise.

Then He goes on in verse 14 to say something I found fascinating, I hope you find it as wonderful as I did.

When I send clouds over the earth, the rainbow will appear in the clouds…..

When He sends clouds over the earth – Hmm – isn’t there always a cloud somewhere over this earth? Yes.

Do we see a rainbow every time we see a cloud? No.

Here’s the rest of that verse:

….and I will remember my covenant with you and with all living creatures. Never again will the floodwaters destroy all life. 16 When I see the rainbow in the clouds, I will remember the eternal covenant between God and every living creature on earth.

When He sees the rainbow in the clouds – He remembers.

I wonder if, from His perspective, He sees the rainbow in every cloud…………

Ever before Him.

Always remembering.

That’s the kind of God He is.

Maker of the rainbow, how marvelous You are!. You love me inspite of my nature enough to make an everlasting covenant to protect me. A promise that You cannot forget, a promise that is ever before You. I know I must frustrate You in my actions and attitudes every day, yet You love me just the same. I am so undeserving of such a completely perfect love and devotion. Oh Father, I pray that we, as a people, as your church, are not grieving You as in the days of Noah. It saddens me to know that we continually break your heart thinking nothing of the way we live. God sharpen our awareness of your idea on how to live our lives for You, for your Kingdom, and not our own agendas. It really is all about You anyway.

Somewhere Over the Rainbow … Way Up High



Lyrics | Judy Garland - SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW lyrics




Royal Princess Daughter Of The King
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...