Monday, January 24, 2011

Don't Look At Me Differently

We are entering a new phase of life as parents - our oldest is beginning to mature a bit and her interests are changing. Now - let me throw my "momma warning" out - if you are reading this and you are a family member or close family friend, please don't tease her - lest you experience the wrath of momma bear! I would never want to crush her tender little heart or embarrass her.  She’s becoming more interested in clothes, music, her appearance, her friends, etc. and I am very proud of the beautiful young lady she is becoming.

 I am also sad that she has grown up so fast. We have had many conversations about school “drama”, thankfully she is on the outside of the drama looking in most of the time. We have had conversations about boys, which ones are nice and which ones aren’t. There is one particular boy that she told me several months ago was a really nice boy. I had asked her what it was she liked about him and she told me she liked him because he had transferred from a Christian School, he goes to church, and he checks out books from the library that have lots of chapters! (She was impressed by that because she likes to read!) She also said she liked this boy because he is nice and doesn’t act silly like the rest of the boys in her class and in the months that have passed, she has “liked” him from afar.

One recent evening I noticed her acting funny when I arrived home from work, making every step I made, trying to catch a moment where she could be by herself with me. Once she finally had a second in private, she revealed her news.

He liked her too.

She blushed as she covered her beautiful face.

I didn’t make a big deal of it, although my heart broke at the thought of life flying by so fast. I tried to act excited along with her so that she will keep talking to me. She told me her story and when she finished, she ended emphatically with:

“DON’T TELL DAD!”

I asked her why she didn’t want Dad to know. I assured her that he would never tease her and that he wouldn’t make a big deal of it, and explained that Daddy wants to know what is going on in her life very much because he loves her.

“I just don’t want him to look at me different.”

I was shocked to hear her say this and assured her that Daddy will never see her different, although as the years pass, she will grow up and life will change, Daddy will always see her as the little baby girl he carried from the birthing room to introduce to her new family in the wee hours of the morning. Nothing will change that.

What is it in your life that you don’t want your Father in Heaven to know for fear that He won’t see you the same? Maybe you realize He knows, but well, you just don’t want to discuss it with Him. Kind of like, if you don’t discuss it, it’s not there! You know it's something He may not approve of or maybe you're not sure how He will feel about it, and can’t stand the idea of His disapproval. My sister, let me share something with you that comes straight from His book:

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Nothing.

Nothing will be able to separate you from God’s love.

You know what that word “separate” means in the Greek? It means to place room between, to part, to go way.

Nothing will be able to place room between His love for you and you.

Rest assured in that, and be honest with your Abba Daddy. He won’t look at you differently.



Royal Princess Daughter Of The King
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Very, very good piece of writing! I enjoyed this very much.

    Brett

    ReplyDelete

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...