Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Don't Be Hurlin' Insults!

I read a statement yesterday on a blog I visit often, She Cooks, and this statement made me stop and think for a second. The author, LeAnn Rice, was sharing her story about her weight struggles, and then about her struggles with what she sees in the mirror and the imperfections staring back at her. She shared this, among many other things with her readers:


“If I can’t see myself as perfect, it’s an insult to my Creator.”

Do you realize how true that is?

If we look in the mirror and only focus on our flaws (I’m talking to me too here!), we do not appreciate the masterpiece that we are. I would never intentionally want to insult my Creator, but that is exactly what I am doing when I complain about my wrinkles, my dark circles, etc.  

Think of the creation story for a minute….

First, God created the heavens and the earth. Then He created the light, the sky, the dry ground….. And He saw that it was good.

Then He created the plants… And it was good.

Then He created the stars…And it was good.

Then He created the creatures of the water and the birds…And He saw that it was good.

He created the animals, and they were good too.

Then -- He gets a little more personal, and He makes man -- in His own image, --and it says in Genesis 1:31 that it was very good….

Then He rested, and while He rested, I wonder what He was thinking. You know how it is when you work on a project and its great, but after you walk away from it and let yourself rest, you come back and you know just what it needs to make it perfect …. I wonder if that’s how He felt? He didn’t stop with man, He came back from His rest and knew just what man needed …..

He needed woman.

The finishing touch.

And He stopped His work. No more creating. Woman.

You my sister are part of that finishing touch that makes everything just perfect.

You are perfect in His eyes. You are just as He designed you, unique, with no other the same as you. No one else has your exact DNA, that’s how special you are to Him.

And He thinks you’re beautiful.

Somebody needed to hear that today.

Listen, O daughter, consider and give ear:
Forget your people and your father’s house.
The King is enthralled by your beauty;
Honor him, for he is your lord.

Psalms 45:10-11

My King, help me to forget “my people”, those who tell me that I am less than your perfect creation with their distorted ideas of perfection. Help me to forsake the advertisements displaying what the world sees as beauty. Help my heart to look past the magazine pictures and the sizes on the tags that condemn the one that you made. Father, I realize that You had a specific purpose for making me the way I am, and in Your eyes I am perfect. Remind me, Holy Spirit, that when I doubt that perfection, I am insulting the very One who fashioned me cell by cell in my mother’s womb. There is none other just like me and thank You for making me special. Repair my heart beginning today, God, in the places that the world and other people have injured it, make my heart whole again, confident not in what everyone else says, but in what You say about me, You think I am beautiful and that is enough for me.


Royal Princess Daughter Of The King
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. From memory......"The Lord will fight the battle for you; while you keep silent!" Exodus 14:14..............got it!
    Brittany

    ReplyDelete

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...