Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Testify Tuesday

It's Testify Tuesday again! Testify Tuesday is a chance for you to share with us where you have seen God in action lately. I'm excited to hear your stories.

Speaking of stories, I have a Testify Tuesday story to share with you. As many of you know, my husband has been gone to some of the most devastated parts of Haiti on a mission trip. One night while he was away, the girls and I were praying for him and for the rest of the mission team. We prayed for the people of Haiti that they would encounter, we prayed for divine protection, health, and safety for the team, but we specifically prayed something about my husband, Todd.

We prayed that God would show them His love and use Todd to do it.

And He did.

The next day Todd traveled with the mission team to a village where people live in tents. They took household supplies, etc to the people in the village and a crowd began to form. The mission leader noticed the crowd and asked Todd to give a message to the people. For those of you who don't know my husband, he is very much a planner, so preaching a message without a moment's notice was challenge for him.

A challenge with reward beyond measure.

Todd is in the red hat standing on the back of the truck.


As my husband told me this story in tears, I asked him, "Well, what did you tell them?"

"I told them how much God loves them, and that He hadn't forgotten them. It was an amazing opportunity."

Remember that prayer we prayed?

What an answer!

That's my Testify Tuesday - what's yours?




Royal Princess Daughter Of The King

PS - Did I mention how proud I am of him?
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Ok, so I've visited your page today a few times, praying and trying to decide what I should share. There has been so much over the last few weeks, but today the things I had considered writing about just didn't seem like what He wanted me to share. Now I know why.

    For Christmas this year I bought the people in my department gift cards, as I do ever year. My midnight shift computer operator called me at noon. Usually that means they are calling in sick for the night. Not today.

    My operator was beaming on the other end of the phone. She said "I forgot to tell you about something this morning, and wanted to call and let you know about it."

    I immediately thought it was an issue that she had during the night. Nope.

    She said "I wanted to tell you what I bought with my gift card."

    I interrupted and said "Ok, but you could have told me tomorrow morning, shouldn't you be asleep?"

    She replied "No, that's why I wanted to call you. I bought a Bible. I bought a Bible and I've been reading it all morning. I can't sleep, because I am so excited about what I am reading that I can't put it down!"

    Wow. I am simply humbled and amazed by Him, and how He works! That's my Testify Tuesday! 4 days into 2011, God has definitely been in action!

    I am so excited for Todd, too btw. Once in a lifetime opportunity, and he took it. AMAZING! (I plan on kidnapping him for a day so I can hear all about his trip, btw).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps it was a little easier for me to witness God in action this past week because I was in Haiti, one of the poorest countries in the world. One of the first things that stands out to me was the fact that the kids we saw there, almost more than anything else, just wanted someone to hold them or hold their hand as we walked. Before I left and in front of our children, Amy, said “maybe daddy will find a child the age of each of you and be able to share a warm touch and hug with them.” There was no shortage of children that age and they all wanted to be touched and with that loving touch their face and bodies beamed with excitement.

    Todd Dotson

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all proud of him and you too! You two make an amazing team, because of your love for God and your love for one another you are touching hearts and changing lifes. May God continue to bless you both and lead you on His path.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. God really spoke through Todd. He done an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...