Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Personalized

I had this little denim purse when I was a girl. It had a little pouch on the front with a zipper and on that pouch, was my name. My mom had personalized my purse. I LOVED this purse. I mean, come on, my mom put my NAME on it! It didn't get any cooler than that. Just like my girls have done, usually all that was in it was a bunch of pennies, little wads of paper, and other random things that had absolutely no purpose, but - hey, who knows what a young girl's mind is thinking when she's stuffing a purse?


Did I tell you that I LOVED this purse?

Just making sure...

One day mom and I ventured to "town". We were headed to K-Mart (one of our favorite places to go back then) in Mom's sky blue Ford Pinto station wagon. I'm sure "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue" was crackling through the speakers, it seemed like that song was always playing when we were in the car.

We did our shopping and, as we left, Mom let me ride the carousel! I begged to ride it every time we went to KMart, and I guess I caught Mom at a weak moment on this particular day. I climbed up there to ride with my beloved purse in tow. Round and round we went in KMart carousel bliss.

The next thing I knew I was home, and I was purse-LESS and tear-FULL.

I knew exactly where that purse was, I had left it hanging on the horsey's neck on the carousel at KMart. My heart was broken. I LOVED my purse, it had my NAME on it. What would I ever do without my purse, my pennies, my wads of paper, and other random trinkets with no purpose? I just knew that purse was such a treasure that the first person who saw it would snatch it up and be long gone. I mean, after all, it had my NAME on it.

I just knew I would never see my little purse again. Mom pulled out the phone book and called KMart explaining our situation, and PRAISE THE LORD, they had my purse at the service desk. The nice lady and promised to keep it until we came back into the store the next time.

I really don't remember how long it was before we went back to K-mart, but I do remember standing on my tip toes peeking over the edge of the customer service desk the next time we visited. I will never forget watching as the clerk pulled my purse with my NAME on it out of the cabinet and handed it to me.

It was a grand day in my little world with my little denim purse with my little name on it, and I don't think I even asked to ride the carousel that day.

That silly little purse was so special to me I guess because it was mine. It was identified as mine and adorned with my name.

Although my little denim purse is long gone, my name is somewhere else, somewhere very special. If You know my Lord, your name is there too:

See I have written your name on the palms of my hands...
Isaiah 49:16

He's personalized with your name.

He belongs to you.

You - my friend, He belongs to you.

And there in His palms, not only is your name found, but also the scars where He personally died for You.




Royal Princess Daughter Of The King
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it be a great day if we ALL accepted HIM and had our name written in HIS BOOK OF LIFE. Your purse was an important part of your childhood, but you have grown to the knowledge that your name is in that WONDERFUL BOOK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The Lord will fight for you while you keep silent." Exodus 14:14-April Tinsman

    ReplyDelete

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...