Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Shared Scripture

I love to chat with other believers about Scripture that has spoken to them or a verse that they have experienced afresh. I dare say I love it more than scrapbooking, and that says a lot! One day this week my boss and I were discussing our Sunday worship services and he shared with me a verse that was used in the message he heard. I loved the verse and, in light of the struggles many of you face today, I wanted to take the opportunity to pass this gem on to you.

“Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for Me?”
Jeremiah 32:27

Do you believe that?

He said “Behold”.  Behold makes me think of Him speaking up to get our attention. If He were talking in the language of our culture, I can just imagine Him saying “HELLLLOO???? Heaven to Amyyyy!” with His hands cupped around His mouth in an effort to perk up my ears.

Once He has captured my interest, He reminds me of who He is – “I am THE LORD!!!”. Not just a lord, not just some lord, THE Lord. I could so imagine Him saying “Duhhh” as He shakes His head in disbelief of my unbelief.

He then asks a question, which is where our part comes in. This is a crossroads for us to exercise our faith.

“Is anything too difficult for Me?”

What’s your answer? I don’t mean the expected correct Christian answer, I mean what is your answer in the deepest places of your marrow. What do the deepest places within you scream? Is anything in your life too difficult for Him?

I looked up the original word for anything and discovered quite a list of examples that I know will apply to the things we all face. I found that there is no matter, thing, cause, affair, answer, advice, or business. No disease, duty, glory, portion, power, or promise. No provision, question, report, request, or thought too difficult for Him, and that’s only a few of the words listed!

First of all, Behold! Does He have your attention? Trust Him when He says nothing is too difficult for Him. We still serve the same God today who inspired these encouraging words.

God, I thank you for the power and the comfort I find in this verse. I believe that nothing is too difficult for you. I trust that you have us all in the palm of your hand. I pray God Almighty, Maker of Heaven and Earth, that You would pour out a fresh measure of belief, of faith, of revelation upon your people today. I ask that your people stand taller today after handing their heavy burdens over to You, the One who can handle them. Touch and heal hearts and lives and homes and relationships today by the power of who You are and who You will always be. I thank you most gratefully for calling me your own. Continue to pour yourself onto me, bathing me in your presence, touching me with your words, healing me with your truths. In Jesus Name, Amen.


If you have a scripture that has struck you with a new revelation, post it for us.  You never know, it may be just what someone else is needing to hear.

Royal Princess Daughter Of The King
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. When seeking Him, from every direction I hear, "Trust Me. I can handle your fears and your circumstances. I AM GOD."

    ReplyDelete

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...