Monday, September 27, 2010

Getting Ready

This past Saturday, we had somewhere to be at a particular time. The girls had been told to get their clothes and to get ready. As I was trying to make sense of this brown stuff atop my head, attempting to form it into something that somewhat resembled a hairstyle, one of my girls came to me. The following conversation ensued:

“Mommy, I don’t know what to do.” My daughter stated in a rather distressed tone.

“You don’t know what to do about what?” I asked while the thoughts “what could possibly have you so puzzled at your ripe old age of 8?” rolled through my mind.

“I know you and Daddy said for me to get ready, but Sissy keeps wanting me to play house with her and I don’t know what to do.”

Being the parental authority, I gave her some of my best motherly wisdom on the subject, “You go do what I told you to do.”

“But I don’t want her to get mad at me!”

“You don’t worry about her being mad at you. You were told to get ready and that what you should do.”

“Ok,” she replied with her head dropped.

“If Sissy has a problem with that, you send her to me. I’ll take care of it.”


I had given my daughter instructions to get ready for where she needed to go just as God has given us instructions to prepare ourselves as well. There is somewhere we are supposed to be one day, and we are to be spending this time getting ready. His Word tells us to be ready because we do not know the day or the hour. How often, though, do we get distracted and decide to “play house” or whatever else seems appealing? We don’t notice at first how much time we are wasting, but when we finally realize we aren’t doing what we were told to do, the battle begins. We don’t want to hurt someone else or be deemed “weird” by choosing no longer to participate, but we know we can’t please God if we aren’t getting ready. It’s not really the other person we are dealing with, it’s the enemy. He does not want us to be obedient; he does not want us to prepare ourselves.

When that battle begins within us, we should do exactly what my daughter did, take it to Him, the One in authority. His answer will be the same, “You go do what I told you to do. If he has a problem with that, you send him to me, and I’ll take care of it.”

You Go God! I just love that my Abba Father, my “Dad”, rocks! He’ll take care of it. I just do what He tells me and leave the rest to Him.

Let us rejoice and be glad and give glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready.
Revelation 19:7

Before we close today, I wanted to let you know that I will be spending as much time as possible this week praying and preparing for Unveiled Faces on Friday night. With that being said, I may not have a post everyday this week, but I will do the best I can to be on here as much as possible. Please be in prayer for me, Solveig who is the worship leader for the evening, and for the women who will be attending. I am ready for God to rock their worlds!

Have a blessed day and a glorious week.


Royal Princess Daughter Of The King
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...