Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It's All In How You Approach It

I have a friend who introduced me to a great pleasure in life. I thought she was crazy at the time, but a few days later, I tried the “approach” she taught me and discovered the suggestion to be quite delightful.

Get your pen and paper out so that you can write down this revelation, I am sure you will want to apply this wisdom yourself, probably this afternoon around two o’clock.

Are you ready?

The approach applies to the process in which to best enjoy a Snicker’s Bar. For a chocolate loving girl, this is information to take heed of!

She said that I should try eating the Snickers by nibbling off the chocolate on the sides and ends first, leaving the chocolate top, chocolate bottom, and the layers of peanuts, caramel, and nougat in the middle. Once this task is accomplished, you proceed to eat the remainder in normal candy bar eating fashion. My friend told me that it tastes so much better when eaten this way, I believe what she told me was, “You get just the right amount of sweet and salty.”

Let me repeat – I thought she was nuts, but I caved to the peer pressure and gave in to doing it "her way", finding it was like eating a completely different candy bar. Her approach really was much better.

In my flesh, I want to approach things and deal with things my way, but God has a better way. He has a way that has a much more beneficial outcome if I will take His advice.

Let those who are wise understand these things.
Let those with discernment listen carefully.
The paths of the LORD are true and right,
and righteous people live by walking in them.
Hosea 14:9

I have my way of doing things, but I think it would work out for my best, if I trusted His way to be better and give it a try sometime!

Snickers anyone???


Royal Princess Daughter Of The King
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Too funny!!!! I think I'm gonna put these Multi Grain Cheerios down now and go get a Snickers just to make sure I get the full effect of the devotion - LOL! Love you!
    Brittany

    ReplyDelete

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...