Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Blinded By the Light

First of all, I want to start off by saying I loved the comments you shared on Testify Tuesday.  If you didn't get a chance to read them, you will be blessed if you go back and take a peek.  It is a wonderful reassurance of God's activity when I read about the ways He reveals Himself to others, it reminds us that He's still active, that He doesn't forget about us, and that He can teach us in the simplest of ways.  By the way, if you leave a comment, check back on it later, someone may tell you how much your story meant to them, which actually happened here yesterday, and that's neat too.  Now - on to today -

Just before the time change in spring and fall, the position of the sun seems to change just enough that we notice it during our regular everyday activities in places where it had gone unnoticed before. As fall stretches on, it seems like driving in a westward direction is near impossible between four o’clock and five o’clock in the evening and the opposite is true in the morning hours.

I noticed the presence of the sun more than usual as I drove to work on Monday. There is a place along the road I travel where I approach a curve as I begin to descend a very long hill that winds a little. As I made the curve and began down the hill, the sun shone so brightly from behind me, out of no where, that I had to lean toward my steering wheel to keep from hurting my eyes. That sun was radiant, I travel that way 5 days a week at that time of the morning, however, only a few days out of the year do I experience this. It was so bright from behind me, its light bouncing off my rear view mirror in trio with my side mirrors, it was practically blinding me. The caution sign to my right was gleaming and even the yellow center line looked as if it rose from the asphalt as the light reflected back from it toward me.   The cars coming toward me could hardly see me, they could only see the light from the sun.

I thought about how bright that light was, a light that was created by the Father of Lights, and how brilliant the light of His presence must be. If even the sun, a created light causes us to squint and shield our eyes, I can’t imagine the intensity that comes forth from within Him.

I also thought about how I was moving forward in my car toward a destination, where I was supposed to be going, and that sunlight was brightening the path before me. If I had looked back at the sun, I would have wrecked, not reaching where I was going. Instead, the light supported be from behind, making the direction of the road more vivid.

The same is true in my life. If Jesus is the force behind where I am going or what I am doing, directing me with His light, illuminating the center lines, highlighting the caution signs, I can get there no problem, and those I meet along the way, well, hopefully, they will be blinded by His light.  He will be so bright behind me that as we cross paths, they don't see me at all, just Him.

His splendor was like the sunrise;
rays flashed from His hand,
where His power was hidden.
Habakkuk 3:4



Royal Princess Daughter Of The King
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...