Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Testify Tuesday

Here's my Testify Tuesday, I hope you enjoy -

It had been a hectic day, one of those days where there just wasn't time to go home after work before the evening commitments began. As I sat in my husband's office with my oldest, we shared about our days. She updated me on the fifth grade drama. We talked about homework, library books, AR goals, etc.


The conversation died down and I turned to Todd's computer to check my emails and read your comments as she was doodling across the desk from me. Breaking the silence, she grabbed my heart and hugged it with this statement:

I'm so glad I have a real Mom I can talk to about stuff.  I just couldn't talk to anybody else the same.
I'm pretty sure the corners of my heart turned up as it tried to smile.  Those words were so precious to me.  For those of you who are parents, I'm certain that you can identify with how much joy I felt and the blessing that came from that small connection with her. 

The Holy Spirit spoke to me in that moment.  My Heavenly Father wants that same connection.  He is a real Dad that we can talk to about stuff and we just can't talk to anyone else the same.  Oh, sure, we can talk to our friends, but He is the only One with unconditional love and complete understanding.  His understanding is beyond our comprehension.  I encourage you to spend some quiet time, just you and Him and talk about some stuff today.  You won't regret it and the corners of His heart will turn up in a smile too.

What's your Testify Tuesday Story? Please do share! 


Don't forget tomorrow is Warrior Princess Wednesday- if you are still working on your verse.  I was so encouraged this past week when one of my coworkers walked up to my desk and spouted off the words to our verse and hi-fived me!  It was great!




Royal Princess Daughter Of The King
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I HAVE A GOOD FRIEND AND CO-WORKER THAT HAS FOUND A NEW JOB AND IS LEAVING. SHE HAS PRAYED FOR THIS FOR A WHILE AND HAS STRUGGLED WITH SOME ASPECTS OF THE MOVE, MONEY, COMMUTING, DISCONTENTMENT, BUT JUST THIS PAST WEEK "LESSONS FOR DEPARTURE" APPEARED AND I KNEW IT WAS WRITTEN FOR HER...I IMMEDIATELY PRINTED IT AND SHARED WITH HER...SHE FOUND COMFORT IN THE WORDS...TODAY IS HER LAST DAY WITH ME HERE, I WILL MISS HER DEARLY..BUT THANK YOU AMY FOR THE WORDS I COULDN'T FIND TO HELP EASE HER MIND ABOUT THESE DECISIONS :)-APRIL

    ReplyDelete

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...