Thursday, February 24, 2011

Planting Seasons

It must be a planting season in my life! I'll start off by quoting our current memory verse, check me on it to hold me accountable:

Sow for yourselves righteousness, reap the fruit of unfailing love and break up your unplowed ground for it is time to seek the Lord until he comes and showers righteousness on you. Hosea 10:12


Let me repeat, I must be in a planting season in my life!

Lots of things don't make sense in the here and now, but as I allow God to work, the harvest will make sense. I have prayed for righteous fruit in my life, longed for it, but righteous seeds are not the easiest to come by sometimes! I have prayed to become closer to Him, I have prayed to be unsettled, and I guess that is what is happening, He's unsettling me an showing me things that aren't very pretty about me. Anytime I am in the midst of one of these planting seasons, I'll just be honest and say that the plow hurts a little when it breaks up the ground in my heart.

Nevertheless, I want you to know, if you are experiencing a planting season like me right now, hear me loud and clear, there has never been a season where God has plowed my heart that I have regretted. It has always produced fruit. I can even tell you that once I am out of that season and life is ho hum, I long for another season, I guess for reassurance that He is still working and still calling me to more.

As our forecast calls for buckets and buckets of rain today, and you see and hear the raindrops falling, let it take your mind to His showers of righteousness. Imagine yourself standing in that rain and drops of His righteousness traveling into the cracks and crevices broken up by His plow. Although it may be messy, muddy, sloppy, I know my heart could stand a little rain!

How about you?

Spring is just around the corner and as our Creator dazzles us with His creation waking and unfolding from winter's slumber, I want to be able to celebrate spring within my heart and soul, all fresh and new.




Royal Princess Daughter Of The King
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Amy, I just reread your prayer for 'Beyond Sunday Morning' and you can rest assured that your prayer is being answered in me every day--I am falling more in love with Jesus and can feel His Spirit working in me MORE every day.--and I LOVE IT AND AM VERY THANKFUL.. BLESS YOU. Now I know that it is The Plow that is cutting into my heart..and I am Thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am in a season of planting... seeking His face with many questions and attempting to be still (enough) to hear His answers and not my own. This world is so loud and interrupting. I am trying not to miss the lesson. Sometimes these seasons are courses that I would not like to repeat.

    OK, this Godsword has been soaking in all week long and it is the NKJV~

    Hosea 10:12 Sow for yourselves righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground, for it is time to seek the Lord, till He comes and rains righteousness on you.

    ReplyDelete

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...