Friday, July 16, 2010

No Reruns

My daughters wear me out with reruns! They will watch the same movie several times a week and will rewatch recorded episodes of their favorite sitcoms back to back until I finally have to make them stop and do something else. I used to think my dad was being such a grump when he complained about me and my sister watching our favorites like Karate Kid, Can’t Buy Me Love, She’s Out of Control, Kids Incorporated, Mannequin, etc. for the 812th time. My dad is very much a manly guy, so I’m sure the sappy little teeny bopper love stories where over-the-top ridiculous to him. I now find myself becoming irritated when I hear the character’s next lines rolling through my head from a show that I don’t even watch and it seems like such a waste of valuable time to me to sit and watch something for the 813th time.

There is something in my life though, that no matter how often I am exposed to it, I never grow tired of it and that is His Word. There is always something fresh and new awaiting us within those pages. I am always amazed at how I can read something today that I have read many times and it takes on a new meaning. The sentences seem to come alive and become living and breathing words within my spirit. That fact in itself is proof of the scripture in Hebrews 4:12

“For the word of God is living and active…..”

Not only is it living and active, His word is…..

Enduring - 1Peter 1:23
Like fire - Jeremiah 23:29
Like a hammer which shatters rock – Jeremiah 23:29
Cleansing – Ephesians 5:26
Good – Hebrews 6:5
Performs its work in believers – 1 Thessalonians 2:13
The Sword of the Spirit – Ephesians 6:17
Cannot be broken – John 10:35
Accomplishes what He desires – Isaiah 55:11
Will not return empty – Isaiah 55:11


All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3: 16-17

I guess that’s why it never gets old. It never seems like a rerun. He intends it to profit me, teach me, get on to me when needed, and train me to be like Him. No wonder He had to keep it exciting, He knew there was a lot of training He needed to do in me, and He needed to keep my attention!

If God’s Word doesn’t seem alive and exciting to you, ask Him to breathe life into the pages for you. He will. He wants you to know more about Him and His character.


Author of Our Faith, I pray that you would speak clearly and distinctly to your people through the pages of your book. Lord – please give us a hunger for your written word. There is nothing like it. I pray that even today, that someone reading this will for the first time experience a new freshness that makes the Scripture alive to them. I remember the first time it seemed like You grabbed my attention by its collar and the words sprung off the pages into my heart. I was so thrilled to read about your love for me that I couldn’t put it down. I got on the phone with my friend sharing with her what I had read and like two little girls we exchanged our love for God and our amazement at the Scriptures through the phone lines. I love You God and I love your alive, active, living, breathing Word and ask You to make those words just dance across the pages for us as we read in amazement at who You are and who’s we are.



Royal Princess Daughter Of The King
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...