Monday, June 28, 2010

Welcome Home

I just love to admire charming little houses, the front of them so welcoming. You know, one of those homes where the front door just begs you to knock and come inside for a while. I don’t know what your front door looks like, but I’m sure it’s welcomes those who approach it. I always try to make the front door on my house portray that the inside is a wonderful place to be. Jesus calls himself the door, in fact, here’s what He said in John 10:9:

I am the door; if anyone enters through me, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out and find pasture.

If He’s the door we use to move in and out in life, He says we will find pasture. When I first read this verse, it didn’t make sense to me. Enter through a door and find pasture? I might feel like a cow sometimes, but I definitely know I am not a cow. I’m not a horse, or a sheep either, for that matter. I pondered the phrase for a few minutes and realized that when an animal is “at pasture”, it’s home, comfortable, grazing on the food it needs to continue, being satisfied.

If I enter through The Door, where The Door leads me is a wonderful place to be. I can stay a while, grazing on His goodness, and be filled with whatever He has for prepared for me. He will satisfy me and give me exactly what I need to step outside and face the world around me. No matter how long I’m away, The Door is always ready to welcome me home. Just like those charming houses I mentioned, He begs me to enter and stay a while. It is never locked, and will always be the entry to a warm loving place for me to rest my head and be refreshed. There’s something about Jesus, The Door, that always tells me I’m at the right place. His arms wide open, He smiles and says, “Welcome Home”.

By the way, I bet He knows I like Oreo’s and milk!

Jesus, thank you for always being an open door for us, your children. Father, you are always waiting with open arms as Your Spirit exudes welcome to us. I pray for each one reading that they only go out into the world through, Jesus, The Door, for if we use You as the door, we will head out in the right direction every time. I pray that once outside the door, that they would not tarry long. I pray that the moment they step outside, they long to return home to You, ready to sit and share the days experiences and be refreshed with your filling, your love, and your comfort. I can’t think of a better, more inviting place to be than in your presence.

Amy Dotson, RPDOTK (Royal Princess Daughter Of The King)
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...