Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Rescued

The summer before second grade, much to my delight, I was invited by some school friends to go to the lake to swim with them and their mother. I was thrilled to get to go and was having a great time until I tip toed a little too far out in the water. One moment the water was up to my chin and I would bounce up and down like kids do to keep it out of my mouth, then the next moment, I had stepped off into deeper water and could not touch the bottom, nor could I swim. I remember so clearly my feet hitting the bottom and then pushing as hard as I could to get my head above water. I would open my mouth to yell for help only for it to fill up with water only seconds later. I could see the shore, but I couldn’t move toward it. I could see my friends’ mother and she could see me. She was pointing at me, but it seemed no one was coming my way. I remember thinking in my 7 year old mind that I was going to drown. This was it. Mom had told me to be careful and I had really screwed up now. All of this was whirling through my mind as panic set in. All I remember next is seeing only muddy water and then out of no where a lifeguard had me in her arms and took me to the shore.


Have you ever felt that way, spiritually speaking? I know I have. It seems like things are going ok, we tip toe out a little further, thinking we can handle it, and the next thing we know, we’re bobbing up and down to get a breath and screaming for rescue. We have a lifeguard who is on duty twenty-four/seven. He never sleeps or slumbers.

“Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him securely on high because he has known My name. He will call upon Me and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him, and honor him.”
Psalms 91:14-15

Psalms 91 is one of my favorite chapters in God’s Word, and I particularly love these verses. God set me securely on high that day through the hands of that lifeguard and has done it Himself many times since then spiritually. Ever since that day I have been a little leery of water getting any higher than my shoulders. I learned my lesson and will never forget it as long as I live. It's too bad I don’t learn the lessons as easy in life and still tend to wade out a little too far sometimes. He has always been there right on time to rescue me. He has carried me to many new shores at different stages of my life and I know He is willing to carry you too. Please hold on to the truth that He rescues. Even when you think you’re going under for the last time, His arm is not too short to reach you, He can still part waters. Call upon Him, He will answer.

Amy Dotson, RPDOTK (Royal Princess Daughter Of The King)
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...