Thursday, June 17, 2010

Times of Refreshing

I know you are all sick of hearing about my vacation, but I have another nugget to share with you that He gave me for today and I hope it speaks to you.

The several days leading up to our vacation were less than lovely, that’s the nicest way I can put it. Then the evening we were leaving, we were detained unexpectedly and left an hour and a half later than planned. We had planned on driving part of the way, stopping to sleep and then heading out early the next morning. The 90 minute delay landed us in a little town where most all the rooms were booked (I don’t know why – didn’t look like much was there to me, but hey – what do I know?). It was very late, but we finally found a room that at least had interior corridors. I’ll spare you the details and just tell you that we slept in our clothes on top of the covers! There was not a bit of trouble getting up and getting out of there early! I told you that (and left out a lot) just to set the tone for you.

Despite the hurdles, we were determined to enjoy the days away and we really have had a great time. As I sat on the beach letting the waves wash up on my feet, I was thinking about this being our last day to visit the ocean. I want to be home, but then again I don’t. I thought how strange it is that something as powerful, as vast, and as dangerous as the ocean is can be so relaxing me. It seems like such a contradiction. It could very easily mark my doom as easily as I have enjoyed its refreshing. As soon as I realized that, God reminded me how vast, jealous, fierce, but life giving He is. It isn’t the ocean at all that has refreshed me, it’s how He used it. He spoke to me using the ocean which is one of the most massive things I can comprehend to remind me of His strength and His refreshment at the same time. Even if we had not enjoyed a moment of the trip, that moment itself was enough to bring me here. He is so BIG (did you hear that Brittany?), So Powerful, So Far Reaching, So Comforting, So Soothing, So Refreshing.

Here’s the second part- as people walked by me leaving their footprints, the water would wash up and they would disappear. The sand would be completely smooth as if it had never been disturbed once the water passed over. That’s just like me. I was marked up and stepped on. My surface was not smooth, much less pretty, but His blood washed over me and it’s as if sin has never walked upon my surface.

Repent therefore and return, that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord; and that He may send Jesus, the Christ, appointed for you.
Acts 3:19-20

Thank you, my sweet Father, for sending Jesus, the One appointed for me. Thank you, God for Your divine ability to speak to me in everyday moments despite the more important things in the world. I love that You are able to be everywhere at once so that You can whisper sweet nothings in my ear. There is none other like You.

I covet your prayers once again as we travel home today. See you all soon.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. thank you so much for sharing your vacation with us. I feel like we were there with you at times. I'm thankful God has refreshed us right along side you.

    ReplyDelete

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...