Friday, June 25, 2010

One Day At A Time

One day at a Time – that’s a phrase we’ve heard all of our lives. It was a name of an 80’s sitcom and there’s at least one song with that title. Have you ever thought about taking your walk with God “one day at a time”? So many times I see where I am compared to where I want to be or where I should be in my spiritual life, and I want the change to take place immediately. I have learned that God doesn’t necessarily operate that way. He’s in to this teaching and purifying thing way too much to just let me mature spiritually overnight. Without the teaching and refining, my relationship with Him wouldn’t be as rich or as real. I know that God wants me to be more like His Son, and one way I can grow to be like Him is by learning from my everyday experiences that He dealt with Himself when He walked this Earth. When I focus only on how far away from His image I am, the concept is overwhelming. Sometimes the enemy can use the difference I see with my earthly eyes to discourage me from pressing on toward what Christ wants for me. Since the gap between where I am and where I need to be is so wide, I chose to only concentrate on pleasing Him today, and some days it may be necessary to ask myself “How can I please you in this hour?” Sometimes the waiting seems so long, but the best way I’ve learned to deal with it is to take this walk with Jesus “one day at a time”.


You may have noticed God stirring something within you lately which makes you aware of your need to change something in your life that isn’t Christ like. If you have, please don’t give up because it seems like it’s something so great that you can’t accomplish it. He would not have given you the stirring to change without giving you the ability to change it.

I was reading in Deuteronomy 30 about the Israelites, God’s chosen people. They had been disobedient and not done what God had asked for a very long time. He had gotten very frustrated with them, but in chapter 30, He explains to them that they can return and, if they would obey His commands, He would restore them. In verse 6 He promises to circumcise their hearts AND the hearts of their descendants if they follow His instructions. That sounds like a good plan to me, I follow what He tells me to do then He will “cut out” part of my heart so that I can love Him with all my heart and soul. My guess is, its the bad part of my heart that He's gonna cut out.  Not only will He do that for me, but it will have an effect on my descendants also. It’s kind of like the BOGO sale!

Secondly, in verse 11 He says: “For this commandment which I command you today is not too difficult for you, nor is it out of reach

What command is He stirring in your heart? I believe He means what He says about it not being too difficult and it not being out of our reach. You can do whatever He has set before you. Sometimes you have to choose change for today and stop looking at the big picture, chose the victory in the moment you are in. Take it one day at a time and see what happens. Calendars, whether they are earthly ones or the kingdom one, are made up of days anyway!

Amy Dotson, RPDOTK (Royal Princess Daughter Of The King)
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...