Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Castles in the Sand

The girls and I tried to build a sand castle on the beach, and I emphasize the word "tried".  It wasn't the prettiest sand castle, I didn't even bother to take a picture it was so pitiful, but it was standing when we completed it. As a matter of fact, it was still standing when we left the beach despite my architectural deficits! As we dug and patted, shaped and molded, we knew that the sand had to have moisture to make it all stay together.   The moment that sand became the least bit dry, the structure would crumble at the slightest touch, but if we wet it down and pack it in tight, it was strong and not so easily affected by the sand and traffic around it.

I thought about that in relation to my relationship with God, and the same holds true.  If I don't have time with Him and in His word which allows Living Water to run in and through me, I become dry.  The slightest shift or touch from this world or things around me can make me crumble.  If I have His water as part of me and allow Him to pack me in tightly, I'm not so easily affected by things around me.  Allowing the One who created the sand to build the castle, will insure it to be one that is still standing at sunset.

Amy Dotson, RPDOTK (Royal Princess Daughter Of The King)
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...