Friday, December 3, 2010

Blessed Is She....

Well, how’s the homework coming? I think my husband is campaigning for teacher’s pet since he was sure to comment on yesterday’s post. I think he has been cheating though, because some of what he said, I had planned on using in a later post. If I had mentioned it in passing or written it somewhere, I would be getting a little skeptical about now.

But today, I want to tell you about a little treasure I discovered in Luke chapter 1. I know, that wasn’t part of your homework, but I went back a little further to read and found a little nugget to share with my sisters.

In Luke chapter 1, the angel visits Mary to reveal to her what God had in mind. The angel, Gabriel, bursts onto the scene with these words, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”

Mary was terrified at first, but Gabriel reassured her saying, “Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God.” Then the angel shared with her some pretty unimaginable things. He told her that she would birth the Messiah into the world. This child would reign forever, His Kingdom having no end. Even though most of what he shared with her seemed illogical to her, Mary was willing to be His servant.

During his visit with her, Gabriel also shared with Mary that her relative, Elizabeth was with child as well and that “Nothing is impossible with God.”

What was Mary’s response?

“May it be to me as you have said.”

She didn’t say what I hear myself often say, “Why would He pick me?” or “I don’t deserve His love” or “Favored? I wouldn't quite put it that way.” She didn’t argue the points, she accepted Gabriel’s words with “May it be to me as you have said.” Just that simple.

In other words, let what you said about me be truth, even the "favored" part.

After Gabriel left her, Mary hurried to visit Elizabeth. Elizabeth throws open the door and greets her with much excitement, she was filled with the Holy Spirit and began blessing Mary. Here’s the nugget I was telling you about – verse 45:

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!

My precious sisters, do you believe what the Lord has said to you? No, maybe Gabriel hasn’t visited you, but He says MUCH to you within the pages of His book. Do you believe what He has said to you?

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished…

Why would he lie to you? When we don’t believe what God says about us, in essence, that is what we are telling Him. We are saying He is wrong, that what He is saying is incorrect. He wouldn’t lie to you, He can’t. Believe what He says about you. Sometimes that just comes down to a simple choice. Am I going to believe Him or not? Believing is not a feeling, so don’t be tripped up by that. If anyone could have thought God was just blowing smoke, Mary sure had reason to, what the angel said was so "out there", it was hard to believe.

Now, if you don’t know what He says about you, you better get your shovel and start treasuring hunting through those pages, because there are diamonds awaiting your discovery.

Lord you are a God who finds favor and I believe that. I believe that you find favor with the wonderful women reading today. Holy Spirit tell her, show her how much she is favored. Show her places of unbelief, help her know the difference between a belief and a feeling. May her passion for you begin to grow and be fanned into flame by taking your words off the pages of your Book and tucking them in her heart, choosing to believe what they say about her. I am so in love with You, Jesus, and I want her to share that love as well.



Royal Princess Daughter Of The King
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...