Thursday, August 19, 2010

Brittle Leaves

It’s not fall just yet, but the leaves are already turning brown. We all know how dry it has been here for the past several months and I’ve noticed over the past few days that the leaves on the trees are becoming dry, brown, and brittle. Some of them appear as if they would crumble at the slightest touch of a hand. The leaves are prematurely losing their color from a lack of moisture. I fear that the beautiful rich colors of fall aren’t going to be as vivid as usual since things have been so parched, I will really miss God’s display of beauty in Autumn. It’s as if He stands from Heaven with a painter’s pallete supported on His left hand as He splashes and dots shades of reds, golds, yellows, and oranges over His canvas, using the slightest stroke of a brush held within His mighty right hand. This year we’ll just have to look for His fingerprints elsewhere, I know He won’t let us down if we look for His handiwork.

With our weather conditions being as they have been, there have been all kinds of warnings and bans on burning in order to prevent an out of control fire. It will take only a spark in conditions such as these for a fire to take off and spread to everything around it, consuming everything in its path.

My heart sometimes feels like this, dry, brittle, like it hasn’t had enough water and that it’s losing its vibrancy. How about yours? Are you a brittle leaf? Have you ever felt that you were so dry that your heart would crumble and break into pieces if someone were to touch it or even less, approach it? Even though the condition of the leaves on our trees and the weeds in our fields is dangerous right now, let’s look at it from a different perspective. As I mentioned earlier, when thing gets so extremely dry, as they are now, it only takes a spark. Now think about your brittle leaf heart, even though it may feel very dry, void of living water, like it will disintegrate with the lightest touch, it’s in those driest conditions where major fires begin to burn, all it takes is a spark.

for our God is a consuming fire.”
Hebrews 12:29


Let the wildfires rage, may He consume me.

God, doing life on my own is not enough; the fire within me is not one that burns everlasting without your flame to spark it. God I bow my knee, tilt my chin, and raise my hands to touch You. Please light the flame I hold dear to burn with more heat, more reach, a higher flame allowing You to consume everything in its path. I am praying for a wildfire not only within my heart, but within the hearts of my friends and family, and in your church as a whole. I ask you Almighty God, King of Kings, and Lord of Lords, keep those who might try to douse the fire, control the fire, or limit its reach occupied in other things so that they will look up and know there is nothing they can do to stop your Eternal Flame. I pray that you remove any tools the enemy might use to minimize the sparks and I pray that You use whatever he intends to minimize the sparks to do just the opposite, that it will fan the flame. I wait in eager anticipation and expectation of seeing You, the Consuming Fire, in action.


Royal Princess Daughter Of The King
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...