Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Warrior Princess Wednesday

Do you ever find yourself feeling blah? Empty inside? Or maybe just generally down? I know I do.


It's on those kinds of days that I have to boss my feelings around and forbid them from dictating my life that day.

It's on those days when it's hard to find praise spilling over my lips.

It's on those kinds of days that I need this new Godsword -

"Unseal my lips, O Lord, that my mouth may praise you." Psalms 51:15

These are the words of King David after he confessed his guilt for having Uriah killed to cover up his relationship with Bathsheba. I would say he was having more than a "blah" day. I think it's safe to say he was experiencing negative feelings and regrets and didn't feel exactly like praising God. He knows the consequence of his actions is coming, and his heart was heavy.

The next time your heart is heavy, when your soul just doesn't feel much hope, pull this verse from down deep inside and voice it as a prayer to your Father. Since He inhabits the praises of His people, I am sure this is a prayer He will answer for you.

Don't forget to post your Godsword from this week! Here's a hint - it was from John 4.......

If you have never participated in Warrior Princess Wednesday before and would like to, jump in at any time!  The more the merrier.




Royal Princess Daughter Of The King
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say how much I love the new Godsword already? Well, I do, and I can't wait to hide it away in my heart. There are so many things of this world that make my heart heavy. Just today, for example, seeing first hand the flooding of the ball fields in Reidland to hearing about the total devastation and loss of lives in so many towns in the paths of tornados this week. Sometimes I allow these types of things, and many more of much less significance, to smother my hope. Thank you, God! Your Word is so timely!

    As for last week's Godsword, it is from John 4:34, which states the following:
    Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of Him who sent me, and to accomplish His work."

    Amy, I am praying blessings over you, your family, and your ministry! Thank you for shining your light so brightly. You are loved!

    ReplyDelete

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...