Friday, April 15, 2011

Better Than Icing

Hello, my friends! Today is a very special day and I am so glad that you are sharing it with me. Today we are having a Birthday Party! Beyond Sunday Morning is 1 year old today!


I wish all of us could be together and sit down for a piece of DQ ice cream cake, or better yet, all gather around my momma's dining table for some plain ole yellow cake with plain old chocalate fudge icing.  You know, the cheap kind, right out of the jar! That's my idea of a birthday cake! Yum.

I have always liked that store bought icing in a tub. I always policed Mom when she was icing the cake to be sure she didn't "use too much". She would put the lid on it and stick it in the fridge. She knew exactly what I was up to. I saved that part for later, and long after the cake was gone, I would sneak to the refrigerator trying to be inconspicuous and swipe a spoonful here and there. Inconspicuous because I had two sisters and a brother, and I didn't want them honing in on my smooth fudgy secret!

When I think back on it now, the thoughts bring me joy, not because of the icing (which, by the way, is still good), but because of the way I would sneak to get small taste of something splendid. I would anticipate it on my tongue before my hand ever reached the refrigerator door.

There is something else now that I love to sneak around to get a splendid little taste of here and there and that something is quick encounters with my Heavenly Father. I sneak and listen for Him to whisper to me in the words of a song. I grab glances at the sky out my desk window looking for Him. I love to sit out on my deck listening for Him and listening to His creatures. And His Word - Oh - His Word. It tastes so good. Better than any chocolate fudge icing in a tub. (Sorry, Mom, just being honest!)

So, tell me please, do you sneak around to find Him? If you do, tell me where you sneak to. I promise, I won't show up there at the same time as you and snatch the last bite. I'll be nice and share!

Since we are celebrating one year, I will probably take a break for the next week. I think my husband and daughters would enjoy a few days with me minus my computer!

I can't tell you how much I appreciate you reading faithfully and sharing life with me. Be sure to check back on Monday, April 25 for my next post.

For those of you from Gospel Mission that plan on attending Unveiled Faces on Friday, April 29 at Highland Cumberland Presbyterian Church, let me know ASAP if you need me to arrange for you a ticket! I would love to see you there. For more information, click here




Royal Princess Daughter Of The King
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...