Thursday, May 6, 2010

Instability

We live in an unstable world. Stock markets crash, oil spills into oceans, countries go to war, jobs can be lost in the blink of an eye, marriages crumble unexpectedly, homes can be lost, people can hurt us. When I am feeling “unstable” on the inside, when it feels like the ground beneath me is about to quake, I am put at ease by your words, God.


“And He shall be the stability of your times, a wealth of salvation, wisdom, and knowledge; the fear of the Lord is his treasure.” Isaiah 33:6

Sometimes the atmosphere we are living in is unstable. It feels like things could erupt at any moment, relationships feel uneasy. People we love can hurt us or become hurt in the blink of an eye. Sometimes we can’t even trust ourselves. But You, God, are our stability in these times. When I can’t trust myself, I can trust You. You are my stability when my knees are shaking at what life may or may not bring. You, God, are a wealth of salvation. You rescue us when we feel shaken. We may not be able to rely on this world or other people to be stable and never change, but we can rely on You. You, my Jesus, are not affected by circumstances or opinions or situations. You are You. Unchanging. You are a wealth of wisdom and knowledge. I bring all of that unsteadiness to You in exchange for the wisdom and knowledge that you can show me and I pray that my friends and family can do that too. When life feels uncertain, You are certainty. I cannot praise you enough for being the everlasting God who’s love endures forever. Thank you for your unchanging nature that so readily loves and rescues.

On this National Day of Prayer, I have sensed you so close to me this morning.  May that closeness be the same for those who read these words. Holy Spirit, remind us often today to pray for this world and our country.



Amy Dotson, RPDOTK (Royal Princess Daughter Of The King)
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...