Thursday, May 20, 2010

Dust Clouds

I ran across one of those verses last night that stopped me in my tracks in how it describes my God, the One who loves me.

I hope you love this verse as much as I did.

“The Lord is slow to anger and great in power, and the Lord will by no means leave the guilty unpunished. In whirlwind and storm is His way, and clouds are the dust beneath His feet.” Nahum 1:3

He might be slow to anger, but when He gets mad, from what this says, I believe people take notice. His comes fast like a whirlwind storm and the clouds are mere dust under his feet. Close your eyes for a moment think about what a stormy sky looks like, those dark rolling clouds, the distant rumbles in the sky, they go on for what seems like forever. They are mere dust to him. The description for the word “dust” in the original language means extremely fine powdery particles, the same as dust raised from the hooves of galloping horses, and (get this definition!) the notion that signifies utter insignificance. The clouds that we see are so small in comparison to Him that they are “utterly insignificant" and His response so quick that those clouds are kicked up as dust under his feet like a horse galloping across dusty terrain.

God, I am at a place once again where I am breathless at the thought of how big You are and how small I am. To know that something that seems so large to me, like a cloud in the sky, is utterly insignificant to You, yet You see something as small as my human life as VERY significant goes beyond my comprehension. How dare I ever doubt your strength and power. I am brought to tears in this moment thinking of how perfect You must be that you can focus on my smallness and still feel love even though my size pales in comparison to yours. Your ability to look past all of the large things in Your creation and zero in on me is astounding. It makes me think of the zoom on a camera, Your eyes go past all of that to land on me. I don’t why You focus your amazing love in this direction, but I am forever thankful. I am nothing without You.


Amy Dotson, RPDOTK (Royal Princess Daughter Of The King)
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. As I read this, the sky looks stormy with those dark rolling clouds, and I hear distant rumbles in the sky. Just like my rainbow experience. God is showing himself everywhere! We just have to know how to look. Thanks for sharing.
    Brittany

    ReplyDelete

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...