Friday, May 7, 2010

Dress Rehearsal

I recently bought a new blouse that I liked very much. When I tried it on in the store, I felt good, I felt pretty. Knowing that doesn’t happen often after 2 children and the grey hair coming in, I marched right to the counter and bought it. It wasn’t even on sale! I never do that. It was a weak moment. The next day I decided I would wear it to church. For some reason that morning, I went in the laundry room to iron it and instead of just slapping it down on the ironing board, I stopped to read the tag.

Linen

It was a divine appointment. He wanted to whisper something to my heart that I had learned a long time ago. Just like I had bought a new blouse for myself, He has bought something for me to wear, although, the garment He bought me cost Him so much more.

“I am overwhelmed with joy in the Lord my God! For he has dressed me with the clothing of salvation and draped me in a robe of righteousness. I am like a bridegroom in his wedding suit or a bride with her jewels.” Isaiah 61:10 NLT

He bought me a garment of salvation and a robe of righteousness and has dressed me in it. Did you notice, He even thought about the accessories? He’s not too cheap for a few jewels!
But it gets even better than that –

“Then I heard again what sounded like the shout of a vast crowd or the roar of mighty ocean waves or the crash of loud thunder:
‘Praise the Lord!
For the Lord our God, the Almighty, reigns.
Let us be glad and rejoice,
And let us give honor to him.
For the time has come for the wedding feast of the Lamb,
And his bride has prepared herself.
She has been given the finest of pure white linen to wear.’
For the fine linen represents the good deeds of God’s holy people.”Rev 19:6-8 NLT

That Sunday was like a “dress rehearsal” to me because I got to go to His house and worship wearing linen. In the culture of that time, linen was a very fine quality costly fabric that they longed to have. It made me giddy inside over my Savior who has gone to prepare the home I will share with Him someday. He’s got my fine white linen dress there in the bridal chamber ready, ironed, without spot or wrinkle. The dress He has for me will fit to a tee and so will yours. I can just imagine that white gown being so full and flowing in the breezes of the Heavens. No wedding stress, just the wedding. Won’t we all look splendid?

After all, He will only settle for the best for His bride.

Amy Dotson, RPDOTK (Royal Princess Daughter Of The King)
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. This makes my heart smile real big! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...