Friday, November 19, 2010

ThankFULL - Day 2

The thing I am thankful for today is simply one word -

Love.

In that one word, so much is wrapped up. Love makes so much possible. If it weren't for love, I would not have experienced life in the same way.  

Because they loved me, my parents raised me, discplined me, taught me, shaped me. 

They loved me enough to introduce me to my Jesus. 

Without love, I wouldn't completely experience the joy of being a mother.

My relationship with my husband would be meaningless.

My siblings and my friends wouldn't stick by me through my shortcomings if it weren't for love. 

Because of love, I can forgive and be forgiven.

Love tells us the hard things we sometimes don't want to hear.

Love comes along side us and supports us when our knees are weak.

For the sake of love, Jesus left the splendor of Heaven, to be mocked, spit upon, beaten, battered, and crucified for me.  Me.  One that did not yet know how to love Him back.

I am thankful for love because God is love. 1 John 4

And I am thankful that He is.

His love is perfect and perfect love casts out fear.  1 John 4:18

And to think, except for His perfect love for me, what I experience in my life that I consider to be love, as wonderful as they are, are not perfect love.  Can you imagine experiencing perfect love as He loves?  I think my heart would explode. 

I am thankful that He gives me glimpses of Himself and love in my everyday life.  Without His love, I fear where my life would be.  Because of His love, Jesus has not yet returned, giving many one more day to reach out and let Love touch their hearts.


I thank you God, my Lord, my Savior, my Redeemer for your perfect love for us.  I thank You for the ways You allow me to experience small portions of the whole that You have instore for us.  Without your love, I could not make it.  I could not live, I could not breathe. Thank you God, there are no other words that I can say to express it, other than thank you, thank you, thank you.

Now, I am eager to hear from each of you - What's on your thankful list today?



Royal Princess Daughter Of The King
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Ooohhh LOVE doing words. :D

    Hope. Joy. These two words I have experienced really and truly over the past couple years. I have basked in those truths and tried to wrap my mind around those precious gifts God has given me. Hope and Joy. (Lam 3, Psalms 16, Psalms 28, Psalms 94, just a few)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for having a family that loves me unconditionally. I am thankful that god has blessed my husband and I with our first child,Owen. I am thankful for the skills god has given me that have allowed me to have a career.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for family. Even though we have our share of difficulties, we have the deepest love for each other. They are right there in times of sorrow, need, joy, etc. I appreciate each and every one of them and the bond God has given us.
    Julia Meyer

    ReplyDelete

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...