Thursday, August 18, 2011

Daddy's and Daughters

Daddy's and daughters.  It's a relationship all it's own.  A friend of mine has a very special relationship with her dad that I have always admired.  Even as a grown woman who is married with children, she still absolutely adores her daddy and he adores her.  About her father she often says, "They just don't make 'em like him anymore."  They still talk regularly and they have a standing lunch date every week that NOTHING interrupts.  I tell her often how fortunate she is to have this special bond with him.

She sits right beside me and yesterday she was having a day that was just a wee bit trying. It was one of those days, everything she tried to do was either a hassle or a disaster, nothing was simple, everything was complicated and convoluted.  We had teased back and forth with each other about her happenings and she says, "I guess I've just been drinking Haterade."

Of course, I laughed at her quick wit before returning to my work.  I knew she had just coined a new office phrase - Haterade.

With yesterday being her special lunch day with her dad, she called her dad to set the place for their date.  After they decided on their destination, she hung up her phone and said,
"I feel so much better now that I talked to my dad."

Talking to Dad had made the things that seemed so big, look a little smaller.  As I sat there at my desk thinking about what she said, I thought how true that statement is.  Every time I am overwhelmed with life, I always feel better after I have talked to my Abba Dad.  My perspective changes, my spirit is strengthened, my temper soothed.  When I talk to Him, He never fails to settle me from the inside out.

Studies have shown that girls who have a close relationship with their fathers are much less likely to seek fulfillment in the wrong places, and I think the same can be said for us in a spiritual sense.  When I have been in close relationship with my Abba Father, I am much less likely to chase after things of this world.  On the other hand, when that relationship begins to grow distant, in no time at all I find myself wrapped up in things that just really don't matter. I catch myself trying to find my worth as a person through activities, other people's opinions, work, etc instead of resting in the identity of Who I belong to. 

Isaiah 50:4 tells us that He knows how to comfort the weary.   Let Him comfort you.

Are you heavy laden?

Are you weary?

Hear His words, written in red - for you

Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle, and humble in heart; and YOU SHALL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.  For My yoke is easy, and My load is light.  Matthew 11:28-30
Talk to your Daddy, you'll feel so much better if you do.


Royal Princess Daughter Of The King
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...