Monday, September 26, 2011

Never Extinguished

Before we go any further, I must ask you one question -

Do you believe God's Word?

I mean REALLY believe to the deepest parts of your being that what He says in His word is true??

Do you BELIEVE it?

It may seem silly that I ask you that, but at one point, I don't think I really took God at His Word and believed what was contained in those pages was real and it applied to me.  This may sound abrupt, but until you believe what it says applies to YOU, then you are dealing with unbelief, and He wants to take you beyond that. 

With that said, let me share with you a familiar verse that lifted my spirit from the basement, so to speak.  I was reading along in my chronological Bible and we finally got to the New Testament.  I was reading in John chapter one.  It was talking about Jesus being the Word and the Word was God and the Word was with God.  The Word gave life to all, and the life brought light to everyone.  Then I read these words and it was like a fresh sunrise to my soul:

The light shines in the darkness,
      and the darkness can never extinguish it.
John1:5


There have been many dark days recently, as many of you can attest to, but these words were just like water to my dry heart. 

Do you get what this says?

No matter how dark your days may seem, the darkness can NEVER extinguish that light within you, because it comes from the One who has already defeated darkness. The darkness cannot overcome it.

Believe what this word says today.

Believe it.

Even for you.


Royal Princess Daughter Of The King
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...