Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Warrior Princess Wednesday and Some Not So Tasty Fruit!

Happy Wednesday, my friends! Do you have this week's verse memorized yet?

Here's a hint - come in real close so no one else can hear... OK. This week's verse has to do with something we don't like to talk about.....- sin.


Peggy Taylor was on the ball this week and was the first princess to say her verse and now has a total of 10 new verses memorized. I just know you all are applauding her as we speak (or as you read)! Do you ladies realize we have already been at this for six months? I am so proud of you for memorizing God's Word and I know He is even more proud. Keep up the good work! This is time never wasted and we can't say that about many things in this life.

Earlier this week we talked about Proverbs 18:8 and the not-so-figure-friendliness of dainty morsels. There is another wise word for us tucked in Proverbs 18 that kind of goes along these lines.  I have had this loosely memorized for a while, but could use a firmer grip of this sword in my hand.

Here goes:

The tongue has the power of life and death,
and those who love it will eat of its fruit.
Proverbs 18:21

Have you ever had to eat the fruit of something you have said?  I have, and it tastes awful.  Not a food I want to make part of the food pyramid - EVER.   The tongue does hold the power of life and death and should be used very carefully.  This verse tells us that if we love to use our tongues, we will eat of the fruit of our tongues.

Here's the question:

If you had to taste the words you have spoken over the past several days, how would they taste?

Would they be sweet like a summer strawberry?

Would they be refreshing like a slice of cold watermelon?

Would they be as sour as a lemon?

Would they be like biting an apple full of worms?

Or, finally, if you had to eat the fruit of your words, would they simply make you sick?

Fill you with regret?

I don't like that kind of fruit and want no part of it.  Those who love the tongue, who love to hurl words around, who love to share the "latest scoop"  will eat the fruit of their words.  Makes me want to choose my words more wisely, more compassionately, more mercifully, or not at all.

Fruit Tray anyone?

Just Kidding.

I will be quiet now so that I don't have any nasty fruit to eat!

Here's my Godsword for this week from memory:

Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.  James 4:17




Royal Princess Daughter Of The King
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. My Godsword, from memory:
    James 4:17 says "Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it." Those words have been brought to mind so many times over the past two weeks in all sorts of circumstances. At the time, I thought it was just a coincidence. Looking back, I believe it was my spirit latching on to this latest weapon and putting it to use at just the right time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JAMES 4:17, "REMEMBER IT IS SIN TO KNOW WHAT YOU SHOULD DO AND THEN NOT DO IT."
    APRIL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy –

    My God’s Word:


    Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it. James 4:17


    God Bless you,
    JM

    ReplyDelete

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...