Tuesday, December 27, 2011

In Excess

You might think by the title "In Excess" that I am going to talk about the excess of our culture at Christmas time, but that's not it.  There is a different excess I want to visit.

There are lots of things I do in excess. Things I do exceedingly.

I complain in excess.

I talk in excess.

Sometimes I dwell on things in excess.

Sometimes I eat in excess.

There are days when I'm exceedingly lazy.

My kids whine in excess.

My kids fight exceedingly.

When my daughters are doing something exceedingly, I want them to just STOP!  When someone is doing something exceedingly, it tends to get on our nerves.  For example, when a friend is talking exceedingly about a new car or something else for days on end, I just want to say "Get over it!  Everybody knows already!  Let's move on!"

When they saw the star, they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy
Matthew 2:10

The magi had joy in excess.

About Jesus.

And they expressed it.

If we had been around those magi when they spotted the star, we probably would have said something like, "Ok - so it's a star, just chill out!" because of the excess of their excitement. 

Their joy about following whatever led them to Jesus was excessive.

Is mine?  Not always.

Is yours?
Why don't we have that same excessiveness when it comes to sharing Jesus?  We should have exceedingly great joy in knowing we have a Savior and in knowing that there is more to life than what this world offers.

Exceedingly great joy.....there are dying people out there who need to see it.

Let's express it like the magi.


Royal Princess Daughter Of The King
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...