Wednesday, December 21, 2011

One Thing


I know many of you are probably feeling a little "stretched" right now.  Stretched for time, stretched  for money, stretched for patience.

And I would dare to say, your spirit is feeling stretched too.

Just stop.

Stop for just a second.

Slam the door on all the junk for a minute and find something, one thing, to praise Him for.  Just one thing.

I promise you, based on the nature of Almighty God, it will medicate your situation.  It will bring healing to a dry irritated heart like soothing balm.

It is good to praise the Lord and make music to your name, O Most High, to proclaim your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night, to the music of the ten-stringed lyre and the melody of the harp.  For you make me glad by your deeds, O Lord; I sing for joy at the works of your hands.  How great are your works, O Lord, how profound your thoughts! Psalms 92:1-5
Father, I stop.  I slam the door on everything else and praise you for one thing in this one moment you have given me.  I praise You for the stirring I feel within my heart when I look upon a picture of my family.  The family that You have given me.  That love I feel is so intense, it can come from no one other than You and makes me shudder at the thought of how much the Ancient of Days loves me.  Oh God, how can You feel the same when You look down from your throne upon my face?  I don't know how your love is so boundless, but You have assured me that it is and for that I am so thankful.  One more time your Word proves true to my soul - IT IS GOOD TO PRAISE THE LORD.......Amen


http://www.bellaphotography.smugmug.com/


Now, it's your turn.

Will you stop for just one moment and praise Him for one thing

Just one.

Or will you continue on doing today your way?

 I promise, His way is better.

Post a comment.  Make it public! - Tell us what you praise Him for.   Praise is contagious.

It makes you feel all giggly inside...........


 
Royal Princess Daughter Of The King
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. one thing? I cant do that. I want to praise Him continually for his faithfulness in confirming our steps in the midst of adversity. The peace that passes all understanding that He gives. The promises of Hope for all who seek Him, The wisdom He gives us when we ask. The clarity of our thoughts when we are in His presence. All of these things have been experienced this week. In the middle of heartbreak there is joy, He is showing us the difference between Joy, Love, and Peace as the world says it is, and how He gives and wants it to be in its pure form. It is more than one praise. God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I read your post and got to the part about stopping and praising Him for just one thing, I immediately thanked Him for time with my daughters this week. I have been on vacation this week and me and girls have had a chance to reconnect. Especially with my 17 yr old. As most parent and teenager relationships go, ours has been strained. It seems like our schedules keep us all going different directions and our time together is limited and sometimes "heated". We have made time to laugh, watch movies until late, look through scrapbooks, wrap presents, make crayon art, bake cookies and make candy. And to quote my 17 yr old, "this has been the best Christmas break ever!". That statement warmed my heart.

    God has made me realize this week that I need to STOP and make time...not just with my family, but also in my relationship with Him.

    My time with Taylor, is becoming very limited as she will soon be leaving to start the next chapter of her life. I thank God for the time He has given me with her.

    God gives us lots to praise Him for (this is just one of many). :) Merry Christmas!

    By the way, nice picture. ;) Looks even more beautiful framed.

    Tiffiany

    ReplyDelete

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...