Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Weaver

Today is a special day for me and my extended family.   My baby sister, Andrea, is having an ultrasound today.  Hopefully she will find out if she is having a girl or a boy, but most importantly, we will get a glimpse of the health of the little one growing inside her womb.  What we can't see is what God is doing while she waits.  He is busy skillfully weaving the most intricate parts of this little one as Psalms 139 says.   He is weaving together the pattern of its fingerprints, the shape of its fingernails, the width of its smile, the sound of its laughter.  He is working to make this little one a unique creation like none other.

This little one is special to me, as all of my neices and nephews are.  This one is unique because this baby will by born to my "baby" sister.  I was 10 years old when she was born and I very vividly remember when she herself was being woven together, skillfully, while I watched my mom's belly grow.  Being the youngest of four children, she was our "entertainment"  We made her do and be whatever we wanted.  She would dance and sing for us as she toddled around as the star of the show, her red ringlets bouncing around with her.  When she started school her legs were so short I had to help her up onto the school bus the first day!  I have loved being a part of every milestone of her life, but she will always be a baby to me. 

Can you imagine how the Weaver feels about you?  If we can become as emotional as I am over a sibling, imagine what He experiences with every milestone of your life.  He wove you together, skillfully, in your mother's womb.  He knows you better than you know yourself and rejoices over you just as a momma rejoices over her child's first steps.  You are His handiwork and He's still weaving today.  If I know Him like I think I do, He rejoices over every new thing your learn or accomplish.  No matter how much you grow up or how big you get, you will always be His baby.

Amy Dotson, RPDOTK (Royal Princess Daughter Of The King)
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...