Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Master Quilter

His Word can unfold and make things more clear to me. When I think of something unfolding, it brings to mind a quilt. When I was younger, probably in my early teens, my mom pulled out some quilt tops that had been stitched together by my great grandmother. We were to pick one out to be ours one day after we were grown. I could not choose one when they were all folded up. I had to unfold them to see what they looked like with all of the pieces working together before I could make up my mind. Some quilts even contain personal history, for example, we have one made from pieces or Todd's father's childhood pajamas,which makes that quilt all the more special to us.

Psalms 119:130 says:
"The unfolding of thy words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple."

God, Your Word is somewhat like a quilt to me. It is made up of so many beautiful pieces, all fitting together so well. You were even attentive enough to make some of those pieces personal and special to me, just like the pajama pieces! It is not until I open Your Word and allow your Spirit to unfold it that I get Your light and Your understanding. I can't thank You enough for the generations You used to stitch together the quilt of your Word. You did it to keep us warm when our spirits are cold and to wow us at its beauty and history. Your Word brings me that warmth and is life to me. Thank you.

I hope you'll open up the closet and dig out His quilt and let Him unfold something beautiful for you today.

Amy Dotson,
RPDOTK
Royal Princess Daughter Of The King
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...