Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Not Like God

Faults. I have many and today I am going to confess one of my many faults to all of you.

I say this like a little girl, face buried in Momma's belly from embarrassment. Here goes:

I am a quitter.
MmmHmm. I am.

And I am not proud of it.

I am terr - i - ble about attempting something and not finishing it. I always have these grand ideas about things like organizing cabinets, decorating, parenting, cleaing out closets, cooking, crafts,diets, exercise videos, and so on... I always have good intentions, but...something happens.

If I start cleaning out a closet and get interrupted, it is not a good thing. The plan never gets executed quite like I had envisioned in my mind. It's like I get bored with the whole idea and just do what it takes to "finish" it, but usually not finished like I had planned.

Crafts.

Then there's crafts.

I have done just about all of it. At least attempted it once, anyway.

Then that's it. I've accomplished the "how", and I'm ready to move on to something else. I think this must have driven my husband C.R.A.Z.Y. when we were newly married, but for the most part he has always been a good sport and supported whatever I wanted to try.

I have never understood how people that have booths at craft fairs don't just pluck out their eyebrows one by one after making 500 of the exact same Christmas ornaments.....Painful.

Please tell me that at least one person out there can identify with my "conquer it and then I'm done tendencies". Surely ONE of you understands me;)

This is an area where I'm not like God.

Not at all.

And I'm so glad He's different than me.

He never leaves a project unfinished. He never gets bored with cleaning out my closets or organizing my heart.
For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
Philippians 1:6


Isn't that wonderful news, my sweet friends?

It is so comforting to know that He doesn't put you or me on a shelf simply to move on to a new project.  Don't you agree?  

Did you notice in that verse that He doesn't just "finish" what He is doing, He perfects it.

He won't stop until the day of Christ Jesus and that is truth you can stand upon. So, even if you don't feel like He's making any progress, you can believe that truth instead of your feelings.

And, next time you get discouraged at yourself because you didn't finish something, let that unfinished projcet be a reminder to you that He is not like us. You may not have finished that project, but you are one project that will be perfectly completed by the Master Crafter.

So, please do tell...are you a unfinished project kinda girl like me? Really, it's ok if you are. I promise my list maker friends won't bite if you admit it, they're too busy being driven crazy by me;)


Biggest Blessings,
Picture
I'm linked with


Today's post can also be read at beyondsundaymornings.weebly.com.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Something I'm guilty of is putting fancy names on what you call "quitting" I will use terms and phrases such as "that is not high on the priority list" or use the excuse "I really just need to be with my family right now" hiding behind something good....so yes. I am a quitter as well *sigh* but I ADORE the verse you put. I LOVE the thought that in Gods eyes we are not shelf worthy, excuse worthy and how He shows us WE are His priority!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful to know that God does not quit on us - He is so faithful, never-changing, and always loves us. You explained it so well. (And thanks for visiting me at Pursuing Heart and leaving your kind comment.)

    ReplyDelete

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...