Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Stand Up

If you're visiting from Be The Domino Ministries, welcome to Beyond Sunday Morning.  Feel free to poke around a bit and see what we're all about. 

If you're one of my faithful readers, would you take a moment to visit Whitt Madden's site, Be The Domino?  He has compiled lots of information on excellent ministries on his site along with ways you can personally get involved in ministering to others.  There are also bible study opportunities - especially for the guys, so be sure to tell your hubbies about Be The Domino.

Now for today's post, for those of you who have been part of Beyond Sunday Morning for a long time, you might remember this post.  It fit so well with the subject Whitt wanted to address, that  I had to post it again.  Enjoy - let it sink in .....deep....

The subject of spiritual battle surfaces more often these days than we would like. In our christian circles, I'm sure we've all discussed the intense need we have for purposefully putting on our spiritual armor every day and being alert and ready for attacks from the enemy.

It seems everywhere I go, there are many of God's people who are weary and overwhelmed right now. It doesn't seem to matter if the individual is a new or seasoned believer, the story is the same......

I just don't know how much more I can take.....
Many times when I've heard this, I've seen eyes brimming with tears, and witness their spirits longing for some glimpse of hope. My hearts break along with all of theirs. Most of these spirits that are downcast, are weary for what they see happening or about to happen to those that they love.

With spiritual and physical despair in mind, it makes me think of something I read about Daniel a few weeks ago. If you would like to read it for yourself, you can find what I'm talking about in Daniel chapter 10. Daniel had been given a vision of future things that would happen to God's people, it was a vision of war and terrible hardship. The things he had been shown in this vision were so disturbing that Daniel mourned and did not eat for three weeks.

If your spirit is weary, I'm sure you can identify with what Daniel was feeling.

Daniel was standing on the banks of the Tigris River, he saw a messenger from God. Being an emotional wreck already, Daniel grew very weak and passed out at the mere sound of the voice of this one resembling a man. The messenger reaches down, touches him, and lifts him trembling to his hands and knees. And he said to Daniel -

"Daniel, you are very precious to God, so listen carefully to what I have to say to you. Stand up, for I have been sent to you." v11
Trembling, Daniel stands up to take heed of the messengers words.

My weary friends, I know your spirits are trembling, I know you feel weak, but listen to what I have to say to you --- You are very precious to God. Stand Up. Listen for God's message to you.

The messenger goes on to tell Daniel to not be afraid -

"Since the first day you began to pray for understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your request has been heard in heaven. I have come in answer to your prayer. But for twenty-one days the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia blocked my way. Then Michael one of the archangels came to help me, and I left him there with the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia...."v 12-14
How long had Daniel been in mourning, unable to eat?

Yes, 3 weeks.

How long had the messenger from God been detained by the enemy?

21 days or 3 weeks!.

That's one of those things that makes you go Hmm Hmm Hmm- you 90's kids will totally get what I mean!

Daniel mourned in his spirit for what would happen to his people - God's people - for 3 weeks and there was spiritual battle going on between the enemy and God's messenger for 21 days. I think it no coincidence that these numbers are the same and I think it no coincidence that the messenger was sure to tell Daniel that since the FIRST day he began to pray, his requests had been heard in Heaven - hence, the battle.

War-torn family, your requests are being heard since the first day you began to pray about this and there is battle taking place for you.

Daniel stands speechless, looks down to the ground, then the messenger touched his lips as if to release the words in Daniel's heart....Daniel pours out these sentences, I'm sure you can identify -

"I am filled with anguish because of the vision I have seen, my lord, and I am very weak. How can someone like me, your servant, talk to you, my lord? My strength is gone and I can hardly breathe." v16
I know some of you feel like you can hardly breathe under the weight of your struggles. The messenger reminds him again

"Don't be afraid," he said. "For you are very precious to God. Peace! Be encouraged! Be strong!" v18
Then Daniel says -

As he spoke these words to me, I suddenly felt stronger and said to him, "Please speak to me, my lord, for you have strengthened me." v19
Ok, follow me for just a minute. We know all of the different things Jesus is to us as I AM. One of the characteristics of Jesus is strength. He IS strength. He is the I AM; therefore, whatever our need is, HE IS. He is strength. He is courage.

And if He is living in you, if He has touched you like the messenger touched Daniel causing him to feel his strength return, you can BE strong. You can BE encouraged. You can have peace. This was but a messenger of god who was able to do this, you have THE GOD living in you, imagine the possibilities.

Whether you are a "Daniel" or a "Danielle", stand up!

For you are very precious to God.


Take up the full armor of God, that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything to stand firm. Stand firm, therefore.....
Eph 6:13-14

Stand up.

Just stand.

God has a message for you.

Even in the midst of this battle.


Royal Princess Daughter Of The King

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I just posted on the battle last week - repetition again! In our recent battle, it was amazing to see the effect praising God together had. Love your post and your thoughts. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

How? It's Easy!
1) Type your comment in the white box.
2) Click on Select Profile. This tells us who you are. If you do not have and account with any of the choices in the list, select Anonymous. You can always type your name inside the white box instead.
3) Click on Publish and you're done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...